Word Support FAQ
Word Support FAQ
If the Aligned Elements Web Client Word Add-In does not display any icons, proceed as follows:
1) Open MS Word.
2) Click File => Options => Trust Center => Protected View
3) Make sure that the first to checkboxes ( "Enabled Protected View for files originating from the Internet" and "Enabled Protected View for files located in potentially unsafe locations") are not selected.
Word documents and the Word Add-in displays in an awkward manner in Windows 10, version 20H2
How to solve it:
1) Find the Aligned Elements shortcut
2) Display Properties => Compatibility Tab
3) At the bottom of the tab click "Change high DPI settings"
4) At the bottom of the displayed dialog, in the section "High DPI scaling override", if the check box for "Override high DPI scaling" is selected, select "System" (and not e.g. "System (Enhanced)") in the dropdown.
If a VSTO customization cannot be uninstalled with the regular Control Panel - Apps & Features dialog, then access the "old" Programs and Features Dialog by clicking "Programs and Features" under the section "Related Settings" in the Apps & Feature dialog of the Control Panel. In this dialog, the VSTO customization can be uninstalled.
See AE User Manual section 4.10 for details.
Yes, you can. Select "Display Inconsistencies" for the objects you want to check and filter on the Inconsistency called "Document Object Not In File".
This is a known phenomenon when using the Trend Micro Antivirus software. In the Antivirus "Behavior Monitoring" section, add ProjectView.exe (the Aligned Elements main exe) to the Approved Program List.
This is caused by the application "WinZip email companion V2". You either have to uninstall it or install version 1 of the application.
Do the following:
- Make sure that no Word instances are running
- Start Regedit, (Start->Run->Regedit )
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins
- If there are any Add-In entries listed then set the LoadBehaviour entry to 0 (instead of 3) for the first Add-In
- Start Aligned Elements and Word and check if you still have the Normal.dot problem.
- If you still have the problem, set the LoadBehavior entry back to 3 and try the next Add-In in the list.
In MS Word, open the menu Item Tools -> Options and select the Tab Page called "General".
Deselect the 5th option called "Confirm conversion at Open" and try again.