This service pack contains an assortment of small to medium improvements. As always, it is based on a significant amount of input from the Aligned Elements User Community. The strongest focus is on improvements in the user management, web usability and Word reporting.
Improved User Handling
Collaboration with development partners in Aligned Elements is definitely something that will speed up your documentation work. But sometimes, some functions and data should stay off-limits for your partners.
With improved access management, Aligned Elements restricts access to functions and data and ensures that information is shared on a need-to-know basis. Optional log-in with Microsoft credentials is also possible, as well as optional display of full name and/or email of users wherever user actions are displayed.
Inline Editing in Tables
The Aligned Elements Web client now supports inline editing in Design Control Items tables. This greatly improves usability as the Items don't have to be accessed individually for editing. A set of Items is opened for editing in table mode with a single click. Select the attributes to be displayed in the table, edit as you like and save all items with a single click.
Aligned Elements now optionally keeps track of Design Control Items inserted as Queries, Risk Tables and Trace Tables and will highlight any outdated documents where the items have changed after they were placed in the document. More flexibility in handling Word Template variants and enhanced coloring of Risk Assessments are welcome contributions from our users.
- Automatically add new Items to active Tags
- Test Runs - Automatic removal of old attachments and issues at re-execution
- Test Runs - Assign failed tests to new Test Run
- Project Search Bar in Open Project Dialog
- Generate, copy or execute multiple items in a single action
- Signature stamp improvements now includes time and time zone information
- Set Traces to existing items in Table Attributes
- Import / Export of Project Settings
- Synchronized import without synchmap files
With important fixes and a handful improvements, this release is a recommended upgrade.
Find the installer to Aligned Elements V2.4 SP 6 here.